- 35g (1/2 cup) shredded coconut
- 50g (1/3 cup) raw unsalted cashew nuts
- 30g (1/4 cup) cacao powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Super Sprout Beetroot powder
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g craisins
- 70g dried figs, stem removed
- 250g fresh dates, pitted
Place coconut, cashews, cacao powder,beetroot powder, sunflower seeds, pepitas and cinnamon in a food processor and process until all ingredients are finely chopped.
Add the craisins and figs and process again until well combined. With the motor running, start adding the dates a few at a time, until all the dates are added and mixture starts to come together. Use clean hands to bring together completely, adding 1-2 teaspoons cold water if necessary.
Press mixture evenly into a 19cm square (base measurement) baking tin, smoothing the surface with the back of a metal spoon. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.